TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Bentley Mulliner Batur

1661051762410.png

1661051778093.png

1661051805332.png

1661051814038.png

1661051820878.png

the Mulliner Batur will guide Bentley's styling as the automaker transitions into EV production as part of its "Beyond100" strategy. Bentley hopes to be fully electric by 2030, but the Mulliner Batur itself isn't electric.

Bentley's ubiquitous twin-turbocharged 6.0-liter W12 engine lives underhood, tuned here to produce a whopping 710 horsepower (544 kilowatts) and 738 pound-feet (1,000 newton-meters) of torque. This is the most powerful car the company has ever built, and it rides atop an advanced air suspension that adds electric active anti-roll, an electronic limited-slip differential, and four-wheel steering.

Bentley will only build 18 examples of the Mulliner Batur at a steep price tag of £1.65 million (about $2.0 million USD at current conversion rates), and as you might have guessed, each one is already accounted for. Production begins early in 2023 after final testing is complete with the first few examples expected to reach customers later the same year.

The Mulliner Batur previews Bentley's future design language for their EVs

Looks more Genesis than Bentley to me. The front end and back end also look like they belong on two different cars. This quote from the designer stood out to me:
Bentley is subtle. It doesn't scream. It's like a resting beast, not an attacking one.
This is what counts as "subtle" to them, apparently.

It's honestly staggering the number of multi million dollar models carmakers are pumping out nowadays. It seems like everyone and their mom is making one now. At this point I'm expecting a 1 million+ limited edition "coachbuilt" Art Deco Skoda any day now.

I really don't see what makes this car worth 2 mil either, it seems like little more than a re-bodied Continental.

I can't be the only one who thinks that the name "Batur" does not at all suite such a stately, opulent, multimillion dollar car. It sounds too abrupt and not nearly classy enough.

The front = BRILLIANT! The sides and rear = not so much. Its design isn't as elegantly mean as I would like. It just doesn't flow well or look enticing.

The front = BRILLIANT! The sides and rear = not so much. Its design isn't as elegantly mean as I would like. It just doesn't flow well or look enticing.
Agreed. Something about the rear, especially the C-pillar area, just looks normal. It could be an Infiniti. The current Continental GT has much better curves and flow than this thing. The weird aggressive angles are just completely out of character for a Bentley.

continental-gt-profil.jpg

Latest Posts

Back