GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 31,815 comments
I just had two of the worst races I've had in a long time, and both of them were my fault.
  • I did stupid things.
  • I missed braking points
  • I did NOT miss walls.
  • I braked too hard and slid into walls.
  • I got too close to someone in front of me, couldn't see around him well enough, and hit another wall.
  • I went side-by-side with someone through T1, with me on the outside, and for some reason in my messed up head, this meant I should turn EARLY instead of late. He survived. I did not.
  • I got knocked around like a pinball ball multiple times, all of them my fault.
  • I came to a complete stop, eye-to-eye with the guy with the yellow flag. He wouldn't even look at me, I sucked so much.
  • And... I lost 11 DR percentage points. Oddly enough, I got a CRC on the second race.
1715366887876.png

Well, a podium is much better than my last two races, although I admit I was shaking like a leaf, sure I was gonna screw up again. Sheesh - you'd think I didn't have over 2500 races under my belt. I guess this is why we still play, right? It makes us feel alive.

1715378787888.png

and I’m also too much of a techno-incompetent to get game play footage on here!
The next time you think you might want to share the footage, save your replay. Then go to Showcase and share your replay. Tag it with something we can search for, then post that information here.

Unfortunately I didn’t record the incident, and I’m also too much of a techno-incompetent to get game play footage on here!
It’s not that hard at all. You just make a free Gmail account, then use that to sign into/make a YT account. Then you sign into that YT account on your PS, then you can upload clips to YT straight from your PS. It sounds way harder than it is to do.

I am SO ANNOYED.....

Started in P6 on main account and was really looking forward to it - Had Uncle Bob in P3 ahead and Tidge at the back doing a beat the meta with an AMG.

I made a few small mistakes (nerves/ excitement) but overall, was happy with my driving considering those around me were quite fast! I was in P5 but then, things just didn't go my way from Lap 2 onwards..

• 2 or 3 drivers ahead crash at the start of sector 2, I was very surprised and go wide/ into the barrier
  • Down a few places, a driver I have seen a few times being an example of filth just takes me out a few moments later by just driving straight into me
  • He moves up a few places with no penalty and I get damage
  • I make another mistake whilst raging towards the end and I finish in P12

Next race, I get a bit of redemption as I start in P4 and finish in P2 having overtake both the drivers after they slowed each other down. Clean and no contact.

I hope into 3rd account, start last as I didn't set a time and wouldn't you know it, scumboy is there again, still holding an S-rated SR lol... Of course, After a magic start from my end, going from P15 to P8 cleanly, I then overtake P7, who is running slow after making contact and just so happens to be the dirty dude....
Without hesitation, he once again drives full blast into my car as I approach a corner! I have damage on the front and back, engine damage and lose 7 places to go down to P15! He AGAIN DOES NOT GET A PENALTY !!!

I finish the race in P12 and turn off the console as I don't want to throw it into my TV....

Gnite

1715381954411.jpeg
1715381987311.jpeg

1715382009761.jpeg
1715382024527.jpeg

Nothing like starting a lobby with two SR B drivers behind me. I got thrashed so badly approaching T2 that I just sat and stared at the barrier for a while. I would have quit, but I like my SR, so I just drove around like a putz, and I barely finished before the timer counted down. At least I got a CRB, but I was PTFO. The "P" stands for "pissed", and you can probably figure the rest out.

Done for tonight, for sure.

The next time you think you might want to share the footage...
... tap the Share (PS4)/Create (PS5) button - the one just left of the touchpad - and select "30 minutes" ("Full Video" if it's a GTWS/TGRGT race).

Just had another pinball race. This one was so bad, I went back to the replay, and I was hard-pressed to figure out who was responsible. I will admit that I made some bad driving mistakes (I'd just woken up), but obviously so did everyone else.

I shared the replay in Showcase, if anyone wants to take a look. Tags are Grumpy, Pinball, and GTP.

There's two incidents - T2, and T7 of lap 1. The second one is the one that's fascinating, from the perspective of a ****-show.

If for some stupid reason you watch the remainder of my race, I didn't really care after the second incident, so don't judge my driving.

Just had another pinball race. This one was so bad, I went back to the replay, and I was hard-pressed to figure out who was responsible. I will admit that I made some bad driving mistakes (I'd just woken up), but obviously so did everyone else.

I shared the replay in Showcase, if anyone wants to take a look. Tags are Grumpy, Pinball, and GTP.

There's two incidents - T2, and T7 of lap 1. The second one is the one that's fascinating, from the perspective of a ****-show.

If for some stupid reason you watch the remainder of my race, I didn't really care after the second incident, so don't judge my driving.
Had something similar happen just now on 2nd account.

Started in P10 and 3 cars behind me went in a kamikaze dive into T2 (first hard right of the lap) as soon as the race started. I avoided them all but had to give away 2 positions to avoid getting hit...

On lap 2, the pinball event happened and the same two drivers from the initial mayhem took each other out, handing me P10 back. Thankfully, I had a few opportunities to be smart in the remaining two laps, mostly taking advantage of the ones ahead slowing each other down and I managed to pass 4 drivers and finish in P6 with a clean race to boot :)

1715432994737.jpeg
1715433046874.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a g-mail account that is 3 and a half years old, I have my Youtube account there too, so I can record my videos during races, time trials, drift sessions, and other things. @GrumpyOldMan we are all the same with our driving techniques, but what matters is being yourself. People used to judge my driving when I was in NFS races back in 2010 for the online mode, but I ignored them.

@TechnoIsLove do you have multiple accounts? Who's BruceyBruce? I do like the Venom suit thing. I was a fan of the Marvel comics, Superman for one and Batman. I only use one primary account which is enough but we have our ways.

I'm almost at the 1000 races milestones, 9 more to go.

@Pigems I see you got my friend request yesterday, cool!! Thanks for accepting it.

Last edited:
I have a g-mail account that is 3 and a half years old, I have my Youtube account there too, so I can record my videos during races, time trials, drift sessions, and other things. @GrumpyOldMan we are all the same with our driving techniques, but what matters is being yourself. People used to judge my driving when I was in NFS races back in 2010 for the online mode, but I ignored them.

@TechnoIsLove do you have multiple accounts? Who's BruceyBruce? I do like the Venom suit thing. I was a fan of the Marvel comics, Superman for one and Batman. I only use one primary account which is enough but we have our ways.

I'm almost at the 1000 races milestones, 9 more to go.

@Pigems I see you got my friend request yesterday, cool!! Thanks for accepting it.
Haha yeah, BruceyBruce is my 2nd account, named after my dog, Bruce 🤣

Who as you can see below, isn't impressed that I woke him up to take a picture to show you 😂

1715440610311.png

** UPDATE **

I improved my qualy time, but that took WAY TOO MUCH LONGER than it should 😅

1715445777035.jpeg

Sorry @newmedia_dev 🫣😋 Also @Robster UK - wow, it really feels impossible to come remotely close to matching your time, very well done mate!

Last edited:
Wait till Sunday night (when I can't bloody use it)
Dude! That race just now.... I've seen Porsches hit that barrier all week, unlucky mate!

As for me, my friggin wheel disconnected as I was braking in T2 when we started the race?!?! Had no control (pause menu) until the end of sector 1 when I managed to grab the controller and continue... 🥸 😡😭💔💩

Also very funny sending those messages... "Nice race well done" BEFORE the race countdown even started and "Wow you're fast, let's be friends" as the race started 😂 Made me laugh for real 🤣

1715447460041.jpeg
1715447482619.jpeg

Last edited:
Dude! That race just now.... I've seen Porsches hit that barrier all week, unlucky mate!
It's every 1 in 10 races I hit it (every other lap in QT 🤣)

I was conscious of the time as the wife was tapping her foot as we were going to BBQ.

I thought you'd like the pre race banter! :)

My wheel did the fanatec thing the race before in t2....

Suzuka has been lots of fun for me this week. Saturday mornings are a tough crowd though, I improved my QT to 1:40 and it put me 11th on the grid. Lots of quality drivers, clean passes throughout. I had guys passing me and I was sure they were gonna end up in the sand but they were clean with a perfect line. I had to tape the race to see how they are doing it. Big difference between Monday race quality and Saturday.

Back