The Gran Turismo Car & Track Wishlist Thread...

• Thread starter Famine
  • 385 comments
Of course PD see it as unnecessary or not worth it but we still got 12 years old Aston Martin V12 GT3 and 11 years old Ferrari 458 GT3
so who knows 🤔
Neither of which came after an existing Gr.3 car for those brands - real or fictional - and the Corvette C7 Gr.3 is already Chevrolet's Gr.3 car. Which is the point: PD has never added a new, fictional Gr.3 car for a brand that already has a Gr.3 car except the Mazda RX-Vision GT3 which was likely connected to Mazda's GTWS sponsorship.

Maybe you could include the addition of the Ford GT LM Spec II which was added when GT7 launched to join the Test Car from GT Sport. But that's pretty much it.

Additionally, there's a solid chance that the two C6 (RM) cars from GT5/6 pissed P&M off, because they're basically clones of the C6.R and sport P&M logos. Doing it again with the C8.R doesn't seem wise, especially if they're looking to repair relations.
With this in particular, I wonder if Callaway might also be not happy with the C7 Gr.3 being a copy of C7 GT3-R to the point of it being essentially acknowledged in the cafe text.
Maybe you could include the addition of the Ford GT LM Spec II which was added when GT7 launched to join the Test Car from GT Sport. But that's pretty much it.
Which was originally from GT4.

With this in particular, I wonder if Callaway might also be not happy with the C7 Gr.3 being a copy of C7 GT3-R to the point of it being essentially acknowledged in the cafe text.
Not sure about that since PD surely scanned that car and then they just added those modifications for endurance racing

Last edited:
IMG_0327.jpeg

Nissan note aura nismo 2021

IMG_0326.jpeg

Toyota Aqua GR Sports 2022

IMG_0328.jpeg

Honda fit rs 2022

IMG_0329.jpeg

Daihatsu copen cero 2019

IMG_0330.jpeg

Suzuki alto works 2018

Last edited:
Not really a wish list post per se, but I’ve been watching a lot of old GT videos on YouTube (GT1 thru 6) and man are there lots of cars I’d love to see make a comeback! I’m surprised a lot of the premiums from 5 and 6 aren’t in game! Surely it doesn’t take much to get them up to GT7 standards?!

There's a few more I'd like to add too.

1988 Aston Martin Vantage
79b49229bacc7db22226f65d0ae4f9b1.jpg

And some of the Tuner cars popular in the 1980s

Koenig Competition
SLONKxyqBEaZ0Z4S-zJH96yfRl4h8V3HyWE5-Cu_f3I.jpg

Gemballa Avalanche
GIU-nccXEAAArl3.jpg

AMG Hammer
dsc_0343.jpeg

Callaway Sledgehammer
1988_chevrolet_corvette_1620406991697e5f309sledgehammer-lead-photo-scaled.jpg

And of course the return of the Ruf Yellowbird
2017-03-07_Geneva_Motor_Show_1205.jpeg

As you can probably tell my wishlist is mostly 1980s poster cars 😄

Last but not least, the return of previous GT stars is popular. We now have a large group of VGT cars of questionable popularity. To my eyes, they mostly look quite similar, as though they were all created by students of the same teacher, and all as proposals for the same class project. They are generally sleek but I must say I don't see much original thinking in their styling or packaging. They all follow - or set - the current fashion for VGT cars.

I think their spiritual ancestor, the Nike One, should return to show them how it's done. With its narrow rear track, prone driving position and compact propulsion solution, this really showcased thinking outside the box.

f90e0e48-20fb-4ddd-be0b-dca6851da428_rw_1920.jpg

Oreca 07

Why Oreca as a brand?
Oreca is involved in many categories as an oem building race cars for other companies (Ferrari 296, Dodge Viper) and building it's own cars (oreca 05)
As a team it ran (or helped) to run multiple le mans winners (viper in gt2 class, 787b in group c!) or wec championship winners (peugeot 908)

Why 07?
It's the dominant lmp2 car, so much so that it's usually the only lmp2 car used.
It's the basis for other race cars (Acura ARX-05 under DPi reulations, Rebellion R13 under lmp1 regulations).
It could be one step in gt towards multiclass racing :D
It's a lovely car ._.

In gt auto it could have front (no dive planes) & rear (le mans aero, lower angle for less downforce) parts to emulate the real world where it was made slower/less competitive with the hyper cars :D

Oreca 07

Why Oreca as a brand?
Oreca is involved in many categories as an oem building race cars for other companies (Ferrari 296, Dodge Viper) and building it's own cars (oreca 05)
As a team it ran (or helped) to run multiple le mans winners (viper in gt2 class, 787b in group c!) or wec championship winners (peugeot 908)

Why 07?
It's the dominant lmp2 car, so much so that it's usually the only lmp2 car used.
It's the basis for other race cars (Acura ARX-05 under DPi reulations, Rebellion R13 under lmp1 regulations).
It could be one step in gt towards multiclass racing :D
It's a lovely car ._.

In gt auto it could have front (no dive planes) & rear (le mans aero, lower angle for less downforce) parts to emulate the real world where it was made slower/less competitive with the hyper cars :D

Back in good-old days they once sponsored & featured Oreca with their Audi R8 LM in GT4.
Oreca now has licensed out their own LMP machine with every
other competitor like rf2, New WEC Le Mans game, Raceroom.
Why the long cutoff, PD?
dsew35grfbd_6tyfx.jpg

Last edited:
Not gonna make any assumptions on whether this is significant or not, just find it interesting that this customization is even an inclusion given the supposed rocky relationship:

1716136112860.png

Last I checked, the base C7 doesn't even get a rear wing from its racing counterpart (Although technically, C7.R is the racing counterpart of the C7 Z06 but still). Just an observation.

Last edited:
It would be amazing if they gave us the McLaren MP4/8 that Sebastian Vettel drove around Imola in honor of Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger.

View attachment 1356722

Was that the Donington car? Possibly his most famous drive. It's a great choice, a high revving naturally aspirated motor to contrast to the turbocharged MP4/4 already available.

Personally, from the McLaren stable, I'd rather see an MP4/12, the 1997 car and in my opinion the last beautiful Formula 1 car until Ferrari's 2022 entry. 1997 was the last year of slicks and 2 metres wide cars before the grooved tyres and narrow cars arrived in 1998, so it would be a bit further away from the MP4/4 than the 4/8 is, but to be honest it has nothing else going for it apart from I think it looks gorgeous even in the pre- season papaya colour, but especially in its racegoing West livery. And the 4/8 has active suspension and all sorts of other advances from the 4/4 that were then lost by the time the 4/12 arrived.

The other McLaren formula 1 car that in my opinion gets overlooked is the MP4/2 family. These cars really do have historical significance. I believe, in part thanks to relative stability in the rules, the MP4/2 was a more successful car than even the MP4/4, and I have seen someone argue that it was the most successful Formula 1 car of all time. With minor tweaks to keep within rule updates, the MP4/2, 2B and 2C competed in three seasons and won 5 championships out of a possible six in its career.

I think it's arguable whether it was more successful than the Lotus 49 and 72, or the Maserati 250F, but it was very unusual by the 1980s for a Formula 1 car to have such a long career and also be competing at the top throughout.

It gave Lauda his last championship, Prost his first two, and McLaren International their first two constructors championships. It kicked off their dominance over the next decade. And yet, it is often overlooked in favour of Senna's MP4/4. The 4/4 was a great car for sure, but it dominated in the last year of the first turbo era, a season in which only Ferrari even tried to compete with them. Williams had just lost the Honda engines to McLaren and were in transition, Lotus had the Honda engines but really were already fighting just to survive and their car really was on a budget, uncompetitive and apparently the chassis was so flexible that suspension adjustments were ineffective. All the other teams were developing normally aspirated cars and trying to get a head start on 1989.

Regardless of all that, this is a wishlist and the MP4/8 is a great choice. The other two are just what would be on my list 😄

Last edited:
An M240i F22 would be nice to have since we had the M135i Coupe in GT5. The engine (B58) is already in the Supra and the interior is in the M2 so PD just need to do the rest. The M240i is a very popular car also around the Nürburgring at Turistenfahrten and with the B58 engine it’s also very potent and fun!

wanna hear something funny - i was watching the F1 race on sunday and i wondered when they put a chicane in T1 where Tamburello was... the chicane was added in 1994.

i feel like an idiot.

They should have sorted it years earlier, Berger's crash showed the danger. Grand Prix 2 had Tamburello in it still. In one race I had a puncture, front right wheel, on that bend. Went straight off into the wall.

All just coincidence but it did make me think..

I would give up 90% of the cars in this game just to have Cote d'Azur back

Also another track that's not necessarily the most technically interesting but a beautiful place for a race is the Canadian GP circuit in Montreal.

I'm not a big fan of driving the Monaco circuit, it's generally one of the circuits I struggle a bit more on no matter what game I'm racing it on, mostly because I really need to concentrate harder there for longer than I generally like to. I like to have a bit more safety buffer so I can relax a little 😆. But I'd also love to see it in GT7. I think in VR it will be astonishing, with the elevation changes so much more obvious, the historic buildings and armco flashing by, and the ability to turn one's head and actually see around its many hairpins. Some of my most memorable races offline and online have been there too. It's a great suggestion.. I second this one!

Montreal has always been a favourite track of mine so that gets a second from me too!

Last edited:
They should have sorted it years earlier, Berger's crash showed the danger. Grand Prix 2 had Tamburello in it still. In one race I had a puncture, front right wheel, on that bend. Went straight off into the wall.

All just coincidence but it did make me think..
Agreed. i rewatched Sennas accident and yeah, they had a sand trap area at the time but at those speeds it really didn't make a difference. they didn't even have a tire barrier or something in front of the wall. Sad.

.. ok, back on topic

Last edited:
Back