What did you do in FM23 today?

• Thread starter DextroCat
  • 584 comments
Started and finished Weekend Warriors Tour.
Bought Cayman and I didn't enoyed at not so well known American tracks and car behavior itself...
Only fourth race bring pleasure of driving, since it was Laguna Seca with performance points raised to 700, what allowed Sports tires and Brakes.

56ef885f-b951-41f2-a119-3e4331f03d51_copy_1920x1080.png

Ran the D and C open series last night. B and A today. Back in 2 weeks to run the Featured Tour when it's fully unlocked. Then another 2 weeks till i do the Open Tour again. They've turned what was a fun driving game into relentless 6 minutes of tedium :(
I haven't even done half of the permanent "career" to unlock the rest of the 4 cars - can't be bothered...

Last edited:
I was expecting the Caterham to be RHD. Didn't get off to the best start as I had to do practice overtime on the first three tracks to learn how to not spin the car out. Finished the tour out. Ran the Mustang GT (can't remember which one I have) at LeMans to get it close for my first Ford 50 car. Should finish that off this weekend.

Not a fan of the Caterham. There was one corner at Mugello where it wanted to spin out if I got too close to the curb. For the last race i was able to use Race Tyres with slightly wider rear wheels getting to the maximum PI. This calmed the thing down somewhat at the last event was almost enjoyable!

The game crashed when I finished that last race (on the way out of the series) and I wondered if I would have to repeat it. Fortunately not!

Last edited:
For taming the Caterham I invested on front/rear downforce (set at maximum) and lowering the ride height, specially at the front. I I fitted the widest possible tires at the front and added the minimum ballast. Third place on Silverstone and you can see the benefits of aerodynamics on the straight and faster corners.

For taming the Caterham I invested on front/rear downforce (set at maximum) and lowering the ride height, specially at the front. I I fitted the widest possible tires at the front and added the minimum ballast. Third place on Silverstone and you can see the benefits of aerodynamics on the straight and faster corners.
Same here. I did all the handling upgrades (front/rear aero set at max, as wide tires as possible, race tire compound etc). To fit within the max PI I had to add a little ballast.

To tame the wheelspin and add traction I also added a bit of negative anti-squat in the rear. I found it to be quite controllable with these modifications if you modulate the throttle in the corners.

Same here. I did all the handling upgrades (front/rear aero set at max, as wide tires as possible, race tire compound etc). To fit within the max PI I had to add a little ballast.

To tame the wheelspin and add traction I also added a bit of negative anti-squat in the rear. I found it to be quite controllable with these modifications if you modulate the throttle in the corners.
My tweaks were validated by the second race, at Mugello, where I could do almost anything I wanted, like hold the inside of corners (specially the first one), exit at full acceleration, and attack and pass in the fast sections. I'm only lacking top speed, so I got another third place, and I'm currently third in the standings.

Not a fan of the Caterham. There was one corner at Mugello where it wanted to spin out if I got too close to the curb. For the last race i was able to use Race Tyres with slightly wider rear wheels getting to the maximum PI. This calmed the thing down somewhat at the last event was almost enjoyable!

The game crashed when I finished that last race (on the way out of the series) and I wondered if I would have to repeat it. Fortunately not!
I forgot to mention that it didn't like the curbs at Mugello especially in that first sector. I spun it there on lap 1 of practice and really tried to avoid them in the race.

My tweaks were validated by the second race, at Mugello, where I could do almost anything I wanted, like hold the inside of corners (specially the first one), exit at full acceleration, and attack and pass in the fast sections. I'm only lacking top speed, so I got another third place, and I'm currently third in the standings.
Maybe it was the AI I was competing against but I had plenty of top speed without doing anything to it at all. I was right on the rear of the lead AI coming out of that final turn on lap 3 and out ran them down the straight and beat them by .3 of a second.

I did the bare minimum to get through the Caterham races. I sm not a fan of the R500. I'd gladly take a Seven 360 or a 420 over the R500. Less snap steering.

I also have the RT on, and set the game to high. I am amazed at how the game looks in some scenerios. The Caterham races did have Forza wearing its Sunday best. Too bad my inability to get comfortable with the car, ruined the race series.

Ran the Ferrari #62 GTE at Nurburgring full to get it to 50 to make Ferrari my first 5 at 50 manufacturer. They really need to take a look at the Yokohama S on race starts as cars just come together and park similar to turn 2 at Daytona Road Course. Luckily I choose to go around the outside and picked up 8 places. However I did get a bit of road rage later on out on the Nordschliefe. A McLaren GT3 and a Holden Supercar were roughing me up and shoved me off track just enough for them to get by so I said "if we're going to bash, let's bash" and caught up to them. It was in that sector after the main Carousel but I caught the Holden in the left rear quarter panel just enough to loosen him up and he hit the McLaren in the right side and they both went off track, one to the left and one to the right and I sailed on through. Not proud of it but dammitt I had had enough of the rough stuff and decided to fight back.

Back