GTPlanet COMMUNITY HELP Desk: Track Path Editor/Importer. READ OP!

I just tried to import both KML and GPX files of the original (1950's era) Watkins Glen GP course that I captured on my GPS. All I got from either one was a short section of straight. Both load into Google Earth properly and the GPX file imports in Garmin's Mapsource properly.

Also - it appears that the only valid external location for these files is Google Drive.

Tablet is a Nexus 9 running Android 5.1.1

Any ideas?

You should be able to put the files in your "Downloads" folder too. I had a problem loading my .kml file from Google Drive also, once I moved it to Downloads it worked ok. I couldn't get the .gpx file to work at all though... Good luck! :cheers:

Has anyone else noticed any of your cars with a wing installed are glitched out on course maker tracks? Mine shows the wing in a position such that it has no supports and is floating in the air. :P

Hello, I'm new to the forum and I need your help, I'm using Droid4X emulator (not using Bluestacks & Andy OS because Bluestacks freezes/crashes my Windows 8 updated to Windows 10 laptop and Andy OS doesn't work) for the app and every time I try to load a reference image I made from Google Earth/Maps, it crashes to the Droid4X menu!

No answer yet, but I would think best to drop the Droid4X, and take the route everybody else is finding successful. 👍

Try to figure out if you can find a way to make the commonly working emulators work on your device.

To assure those with questions, you can work with your track under development using differing accounts from the same device. [I use this to share tracks with a limited list of testers while in development]
  1. You must click on the wrench Icon and logout.
    1. If LOGIN is shown, first login
    2. Then logout
  2. Now when you login this time you will be prompted to login using your device browser.
  3. Simply login with a different ID.
BTW all the device tracks will remain in place and are transferable to the new ID for testing on line.

If you are using multiple devices there is no way to merge track inventory I am aware of at this time (7/10/2015).

It looks like the app keeps its own file list and fails to recognize files whose name was changed (all 3 identically changed). A blank square is presented for view and the app spins its wheels trying to load the now non-existent files. Reverting to the original naming recovers the info though.

When someone finds the location of this list info (Probably an SQL database) we may be able to then rename & add files from other sources.

What's the maximum number of saved tracks anybody has been able to save to their device (mines is a IPad), not the PS3. The online manual says a maximum of 20 on page 2, but I've been able to save 21. Curious how many and why there would be a limit since the file has such a minimal footprint.

IMG_0117_b_zpsh8rsprsp.png

Is there a reason why a reference image would end up not being lined up when going back to edit a track?

i have the same question, ... a couple of my tracks have a shifted background when i've gone back to edit the file

Just did a quick check creating junk tracks on my IPad and 30 tracks is the ceiling, there seems to be a loophole I have a couple of tracks on my other IPad, it didn't take those in consideration, so conceivably I could create 30 per device.

I can see the reason to limit the number of tracks that can be placed on the PS3, but not on the tablet device. My plan was if I was if I ever was to exceed to PS3 limit I would delete a track I wasn't racing on and load one that I want to use off my tablet, my tablet being my backup.:irked:

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense having a limitation on the tablet since you have to transfer a track to get it on PS3.

for a given sign-in identity on the tablet, you are limited to 30 tracks, also

so you can't have a bunch of 'sketches' in waiting

i decided to create a whole second psnid and GT6 alias, friend mice elf, and gain another 30 slots that way
... went back to my ipad, signed out, signed back in with new identity, ... and ...

all the tracks i wrote on my other identity were still there,
slots are still full, "you cannot save any more tracks"

so, that doesn't work ... unless i signed in with a different tablet, with the other ID

hmmmm

Last edited:
I am using two ipad air to create my tracks.... Using one Psn ID on both....
So that means i can create 60 different variations of tracks....

.... I think this should work theoretically, because practically i havent hit even 10 tracks created yet... I will keep you posted,unless someone else can give confirmation before.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP has been updated with all relevant Q&A up to Post #214, as well as a new section added at the end of the OP - Tips and Tricks. No need to devote a whole thread to it if it is a little gem you have found that makes GT6 TPE (a.k.a. the one and only 'Course Maker' ) interesting - bring it in here and it will be pinned up in that section.

Ten days have gone by and many of the questions have now been answered as we have had time to unravel the app, but there's always new ones coming in as we dive deeper.

I am using two ipad air to create my tracks.... Using one Psn ID on both....
So that means i can create 60 different variations of tracks....

.... I think this should work theoretically, because practically i havent hit even 10 tracks created yet... I will keep you posted,unless someone else can give confirmation before.

I have been doing more expearimenting creating 17 junk tracks on my second IPad whiled signed into my psn account, haven't hit a wall yet. Not seeing a any reason to limit the total number of tracks to 30 on a single tablet.

I assume this must have been covered here, but I couldn't find notes. I guess the starting straight can't be shorter? Trying to re-create authentic tracks the 600m straight is a scale killer... :rolleyes:

I assume this must have been covered here, but I couldn't find notes. I guess the starting straight can't be shorter? Trying to re-create authentic tracks the 600m straight is a scale killer... :rolleyes:

Nope no luck there... It has to be the length they give you......

OP was further updated with the following:

I have been doing more expearimenting creating 17 junk tracks on my second IPad whiled signed into my psn account, haven't hit a wall yet. Not seeing a any reason to limit the total number of tracks to 30 on a single tablet.

Does this mean we can store as many tracks as the tablet's HD can store? The 30 track limit is only limited to the account on the PS3 console, right? So if we have 30 tracks on the console, then we have to delete tracks if we want to upload fresh tracks. ?
But does that apply to the app on the tablet?
To put it another way - does the TPE (tablet interface) have a limit to tracks stored on a particular tablet assigned to a particular PSN? The limit of the TPI (console interface) is 30 according to the Manual.

Does this mean we can store as many tracks as the tablet's HD can store? The 30 track limit is only limited to the account on the PS3 console, right? So if we have 30 tracks on the console, then we have to delete tracks if we want to upload fresh tracks. ?
But does that apply to the app on the tablet?
To put it another way - does the TPE (tablet interface) have a limit to tracks stored on a particular tablet assigned to a particular PSN? The limit of the TPI (console interface) is 30 according to the Manual.

At least on the IPad (can't verify on other devices) appears to be the limit per tablet, not the overall limit across devices, currently I have 28 tracks on my IPad Air 2 & 6 on my IPad 4. So 30 track per each tablet whither or not linked to psn account.

Serious question, please respond....
I do not play this game daily(sorry), but after years of waiting, is this considered to be the final product course creator we were promised?

Jackassery type comment, please disregard...
I don't get how a company says, "Course creator is here, just not on our own platform, but a completely different device altogether. YOU'RE WELCOME!"

Last edited:
Serious question, please respond....
I do not play this game daily(sorry), but after years of waiting, is this considered to be the final product course creator we were promised?

That's what we were made to understand:

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-6-course-maker/

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-update-1-21-now-available-course-maker-updated-car-sounds/

Jackassery type comment, please disregard...
I don't get how a company says, "Course creator is here, just not on our own platform, but a completely different device altogether. YOUR WELCOME!"

Quite an understandable stance given many people feel that way:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...at-make-you-feel.335047/page-13#post-11009209

At least on the IPad (can't verify on other devices) appears to be the limit per tablet, not the overall limit across devices, currently I have 28 tracks on my IPad Air 2 & 6 on my IPad 4. So 30 track per each tablet whither or not linked to psn account.

That pretty much confirms it then - 30 per tablet.
A strange limitation when it should be quite possible to store as much as the tablet's memory should allow. But isn't there a work-around for this? Yanking out the files and storing them in another folder altogether till needed? We shouldn't be doing this though; I mean I have hundreds of GT movies and photos from GT6, as well as GT5, on the same console.
Obviously we're talking a tablet - so a much smaller memory than my 360GB PS3 - but the files themselves are small.

Final answer? 30 per tablet, 30 per console account. Check?

Still waiting for some input on this:

Is there a reason why a reference image would end up not being lined up when going back to edit a track?

i have the same question, ... a couple of my tracks have a shifted background when i've gone back to edit the file

Reference image shifting?

That's Arcade mode, yeah? Interesting developments.

I was wondering:

photonrider said
How many different ways can we download this track?

And got this answer from @TheInfamousJEW6

As far as I know there are 3 ways to obtain another player's created tracks.

1. Is to use GTPlanet and navigate to the course maker forum then find the course you're looking for click on the red download now button, and it will redirect you to the Gran Turismo community page for that user where you can find and download the track.

2. Is just using the direct URL for the specific user's community page then downloading the track.
BOTH #1 AND #2 REQUIRE US ING THE PS3'S BROWSER TO NAVIGATE THE VARIOUS WEB PAGES.

3. Would be to friend the user over PSN then in the community section of GT6 (in game) just go to their shared tracks and try whatever you please...

I've also had the reference image shifting problem, but now I'm unable to load any reference images at all :(

The reference image shifting can be sorted by deleting the image then re - adding it again. I've only just figured that out myself :)

Hi....gt editor is maxing out for saved tracks. I spent a lot of energy making them and want to save them elsewhere. How/where do i download the tracks and save them for future use.
Any tip would help.
BMW325Vinny

Hi....gt editor is maxing out for saved tracks. I spent a lot of energy making them and want to save them elsewhere. How/where do i download the tracks and save them for future use.
Any tip would help.
BMW325Vinny

How about creating a new PS3 account and save them there? You'd have to delete the tracks from the app though, but maybe @Outspacer or @PR1VATEJ0KER knows how to save those files?

Back