Post a pic of your real car

• Thread starter Sparxxx
  • 15,451 comments
Picked up another dream car off my list. 2015 Audi A8L 4.0T in Argus Brown Metallic with Nougat Brown interior, aptly named "The Chocolate Bar" by the previous owner. It has all the options sans the rear media screens, which I prefer because as the car ages those screens will date it quite a bit. Also it only had 40k km when I bought it this past weekend :D

This was the day after I got home, I got new plates later on, hence the blacked out edits to protect the previous owner.

a_20180508_1001197915.png

First mod on the agenda, installing a dip stick to replace the sensor/virtual oil level in the MMI system. This one comes from the 4.2L FSI motor found in the Audi S4. The oil level indicator will still work as designed, however, now I will actually see the quality of the oil on top of the oil level. It blows my mind that Audi did not put any dip sticks in any of their 4.0T engines across all Audi models that offered said engine. Imagine buying an RS7 or S8 and not having this "feature" on a performance vehicle. They're constantly making solutions to problems that never existed before :lol:
Is that a Bang & Olufsen stereo? My wife has that in her Q5 and it is hands down the best in car audio I have experienced.
Enjoy the car, it is stunning :cheers:

Last edited:
Is that a Bang & Olufsen stereo? My wife has that in her Q5 and it is hands down the best in car audio I have experienced.
Enjoy the car, it is stunning :cheers:
It is!! It honestly feels like you're at a concert. Plus the sound design is set up in a way that I do not have to ever go above a sound level of 10.

I've kept my volume at 6 or 8 most of the time and it is more than enough for me (coming from someone that abused his hearing at a younger age and has transient tinnitus).

Picked up another dream car off my list. 2015 Audi A8L 4.0T in Argus Brown Metallic with Nougat Brown interior, aptly named "The Chocolate Bar" by the previous owner. It has all the options sans the rear media screens, which I prefer because as the car ages those screens will date it quite a bit. Also it only had 40k km when I bought it this past weekend :D

This was the day after I got home, I got new plates later on, hence the blacked out edits to protect the previous owner.

a_20180508_1001197915.png

First mod on the agenda, installing a dip stick to replace the sensor/virtual oil level in the MMI system. This one comes from the 4.2L FSI motor found in the Audi S4. The oil level indicator will still work as designed, however, now I will actually see the quality of the oil on top of the oil level. It blows my mind that Audi did not put any dip sticks in any of their 4.0T engines across all Audi models that offered said engine. Imagine buying an RS7 or S8 and not having this "feature" on a performance vehicle. They're constantly making solutions to problems that never existed before :lol:
Choice ride. If your car had a theme song :lol::sly:👍:

My current fleet:

08 Meg R26 with ZPO Custom Short Shift, Forged Engine, KTR Induction, Milltek 3.5 Catback
99 Mondeo 2.0 Ghia
90 MX5 1.6 with Rota Grids, some Coilovers, fresh respray, Cobalt exhaust, a lot of chassis stiffening
04 Getz 1.1 with the slowest engine ever made

All cars (except Meg) cost less than £1500. I like banger-nomics, and the idea of keeping/preserving old tat on these UK roads.

image_2024-01-22_125553032.png
image_2024-01-22_125730183.png
image_2024-01-22_125953539.png

image_2024-01-22_130314176.png

Last edited:
Roo
Looks fantastic! The A110 is my realistic, one-day-I'll-have-one dream car. Which version is it? I don't know your car history but how does it compare to other cars you've had?
Hi,

It is the Pure version with a few additional parts.
The cars before this was a toyota GR Yaris, Pug 208 gti by Peugeot Sport both of which were a good cars but, this is a true sports car.
It handles very well and even with just 252 bhp it can hit 62mph in 4.5 seconds.

Man, I'm so jealous! I'm sure it will be a hoot to drive!
Also these ones in Italy are always either expensive or abused through hell and back, glad to see one that's quite clean! :D
Yeah i was super lucky to find it in this condition and price as in italy. Also interiors are pretty well kept and it's all stock.
I bough it immediatly as soon as i checked it :lol:

Last edited:
Whoa I didn't know they are called i30N in Australia.
Yeah, we get the he sedan and hatch both called I30N. I drove both when testing and they are much different cars. The hatch is based on the outgoing platform and the sedan on the current platform.

Surprisingly even though the sedan is slightly bigger it's lighter and definitely feels more nimble going through corners which is what it is made for really.

Hello everyone! I came here to talk about this because it is the most appropiate thread i found for the topic but if theres a better thread for this topic let me know.
Okay, so here is my story, im a 18 year old from Argentina, Buenos Aires. I lived most of my life with my dad and my mom. My dad always loved cars, he had all sorts of cars, and he introduced me and made me fall in love with cars too. It was 2021 when he got the news that he had linfatic cancer, and unfortunatly he passed away in September 2023. Suddenly the world came down on me as now I had much more responsabilites and also needed to help my mom with everything as you might expect, i still remember him every day, he was the best father and my best friend. Anyways, it was in my 18th birthday when he got me my first car. A 405 mi16 Peugeot from 1994. I love it. Also, when he passed away, he had a Golf mk7 gti (kind of his affordable dream car) and a 205 cti Peugeot from 2006. So now, my mom and me own those 3 cars. ( also my mom has another car, also gifted by dad). Oh, and i race in karts also, me and my dad loved racing and he raced a peugeot aswell. So now, im at a point where i drive the golf gti which i love and also has a very special place in my heart, the 405 is on the mechanic shop because it has many things that need working on, and the 205 i barely use it because i dont have a battery for it. Also, now that we dont have dad, money is a real issue, so we have to do something to manage all the things we have.

So, im at a point in which i could sell the 405 and the 205, and make some money from that to use in karting and also life. But everywhere on the internet people say never to sell your first car because you will reget it forever. also, my dad gave me that car, which gives it more value for me. Another thing i could do is sell the golf and my a more affordable car, as its the most expensive car we own and let me remind you im 18. Obviously at 18 its a massive flex to have a car like that, although im not the kind of guy that takes advantage of that, and also because i didnt work to have that car or anything, so yeah i try not to brag people about it.

Well, thats my story, im very open to any recommendations, that is why im here... sorry if it was too long or boring, hope someone with more experience in life and in car than me reads it and can help me out, thanks!
20231122_193854.jpg
20231015_123704.jpg
20230504_145948.jpg

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I came here to talk about this because it is the most appropiate thread i found for the topic but if theres a better thread for this topic let me know.
Okay, so here is my story, im a 18 year old from Argentina, Buenos Aires. I lived most of my life with my dad and my mom. My dad always loved cars, he had all sorts of cars, and he introduced me and made me fall in love with cars too. It was 2021 when he got the news that he had linfatic cancer, and unfortunatly he passed away in September 2023. Suddenly the world came down on me as now I had much more responsabilites and also needed to help my mom with everything as you might expect, i still remember him every day, he was the best father and my best friend. Anyways, it was in my 18th birthday when he got me my first car. A 405 mi16 Peugeot from 1994. I love it. Also, when he passed away, he had a Golf mk7 gti (kind of his affordable dream car) and a 205 cti Peugeot from 2006. So now, my mom and me own those 3 cars. ( also my mom has another car, also gifted by dad). Oh, and i race in karts also, me and my dad loved racing and he raced a peugeot aswell. So now, im at a point where i drive the golf gti which i love and also has a very special place in my heart, the 405 is on the mechanic shop because it has many things that need working on, and the 205 i barely use it because i dont have a battery for it. Also, now that we dont have dad, money is a real issue, so we have to do something to manage all the things we have.

So, im at a point in which i could sell the 405 and the 205, and make some money from that to use in karting and also life. But everywhere on the internet people say never to sell your first car because you will reget it forever. also, my dad gave me that car, which gives it more value for me. Another thing i could do is sell the golf and my a more affordable car, as its the most expensive car we own and let me remind you im 18. Obviously at 18 its a massive flex to have a car like that, although im not the kind of guy that takes advantage of that, and also because i didnt work to have that car or anything, so yeah i try not to brag people about it.

Well, thats my story, im very open to any recommendations, that is why im here... sorry if it was too long or boring, hope someone with more experience in life and in car than me reads it and can help me out, thanks!
View attachment 1326287View attachment 1326288View attachment 1326289
I always have a soft spot for 405. The thing looks cool.

View attachment 1325755

Toyota Innova 2.5

Maybe just a regular Toyota minivan but it really gets the job done, reliable, insane torque and power. Quite gas guzzling though so might unfortunately replace her with the newer hybrid variant.

Well, here she is. The replacement for the old minivan.

Toyota Innova Zenix Hybrid, 2.0l engine with electric motor. Torque isn't as brutal as the old diesel but still pretty quick. Gonna change some things so it'll look a bit better.
IMG_20240209_185654.jpg

Back