TTWRS Week 2: Mountain Climbing

• Thread starter Iceman
  • 91 comments
Time submitted early as I'm going out of town. :D

I won't be around, when results will be posted. But I have mailed my replay to Sjaak and asked him to post it, when results are up.

See you in a couple of weeks. :)

I wouldn't even dream of cutting the chicane either. đź‘Ž

I'm guessing you've not run the qualifying race HERE.

That should help explain things a bit better.

You submit your qualifying time to icemanshooter23 by personal message, (found at the bottom of any of his posts). Don't post any qualifying times in threads, this is simply to place you in a division.

When you've done that you're in. đź‘Ť

Nice time BTW.

SuperT
I'm guessing you've not run the qualifying race HERE.

That should help explain things a bit better.

You submit your qualifying time to icemanshooter23 by personal message, (found at the bottom of any of his posts). Don't post any qualifying times in threads, this is simply to place you in a division.

When you've done that you're in. đź‘Ť

Nice time BTW.

thanks i just sent him a PM.. i got a 1:13:723 on t3 but screwed up big time in that last portion...

jake73
You can't actually race these tracks in reverse, can you? I don't see the option in my game...

1'14.545

UNOFFICIAL STANDINGS T3

icemanshooter23-- 1'11.8xx
750F-RM---------- 1'12.989
Vermeulen -------- 1'13.723
lsim001----------- 1.14.095
Tailslide---------- 1'14.099
NielsG------------ 1'14.363
jake73 ----------- 1'14.545
[empty space]--- 1'15.3xx
SuperT----------- 1'15.658
Ballstothewall---- 1'15.767

(I am not cutting the chicane, I hope no one else is....)

holy crap! how can you 1'11"??!! I haven't really played with the set up much. I just changed the preload a bit and the gearing that's about it. Are the settings making a big difference? At the moment changing my lines is making the biggest difference.

I've improved on my time a bit but don't really have time these few days to work on it. I'll have a check to see what my new T3 is later. Will give it another go tonight and post a final time.

hey ice... how are you doing those times... can i see the replay after the round is done.. holy sh...

my bro did a 1:12:753 and he's bustin his balls... so after the round's done i really want to see what you're doin different..

thanks a lot man.. hope u go quicker..

marko out

The best I can do is 1'11.5 which I've seen only once, so I wouldn't bet on any improvements anymore. But, I will definitely post my replay at the end of the week đź‘Ť

Here are my settings, maybe they will help:

1/3 on all preload, bound rebound
8/3 brakes
A riding form

icemanshooter23

8/3 brakes
A riding form

I'm gonna have a look at how this helps me, if any. I haven't changed brakes from default, but the suspension is close to where I was. But I'm only at a low 1:14 at T3. :scared:

"A" riding form doesn't tell us anything, A, B, etc. are just settings pages, which can be adjusted. You might use A for lean rider defaults with some head and leg changes, someone else uses A for neutral with a weird weight shift or something. (Not that I'm pressing for details. . . :sly: )

icemanshooter23
The best I can do is 1'11.5 which I've seen only once, so I wouldn't bet on any improvements anymore. But, I will definitely post my replay at the end of the week đź‘Ť

8/3 brakes
A riding form
It wont let me change my brake settings on a street bike

I was going off the top of my head, I guess I forgot that you can't change the brake balance :ouch: That's the brake balance I use for every bike that's adjustable đź‘Ť

yea i played with the settings a bit... but i didn't use the exact ones you told me... albeit they were pretty close to that

i think i'll submit my time now and im done for this round because i don't think i can better this time personally

i'm gonna do valencia now to see where i stack up against everyone... i know i won't be included but i just want to see where i'm at...

that's it for me.. thanks guys

see y'all later...

ps i was really frustrated at the GSX-R to be honest... the R6 is much better IMO.. and i heard somethin about the next round being a race bike... sounds good to me..

UNOFFICIAL STANDINGS T3

icemanshooter23-- 1'11.8xx
Tomf4i03 --------- 1'12.138
750F-RM---------- 1'12.524
Vermeulen -------- 1'12.531
PoliniJake -------- 1'13.477
jake73 ----------- 1'13.715
lsim001----------- 1'13.817
wfooshee -------- 1'13.846
Tailslide---------- 1'13.864
NielsG------------ 1'14.363
Ballstothewall---- 1'15.156
[empty space]--- 1'15.3xx
SuperT----------- 1'15.658

Improved a tad, had a great time going into last secor, botched the last chicane like normal:) barley beat my previous time but did..

I've improved my T3 time upto 1'13.864. This will probably be my submitted time as I don't think I can race anymore before the deadline tomorrow.

Yep, me too.

Won't have any more time to race this one before the deadline. My T2 was 1'15.658. Not gonna set any records with that one but at least I felt like I was getting somewhere with my set-up changes. đź‘Ť I think I may have my lean-in riding form set-up a little too aggressive for a road bike though?

At least you know what you have to beat now Balls. :sly:

Back to a race bike next week then eh? :)

Eh. Looks like I wont be submitting this week either. Jusr not getting this combo. Plus It turns out my ghost lap is dirty :(. Sorry to Iceman for not submitting 2 weeks in a row.

OOps!

Does this mean I am unlikely to be swapping my 'Tar for the week?

T1 20.811
T2 44.861
T3 1'15.156!

That's .5 second!

Batter up!

Neil

My final T3 is 1'13"817. Not my fastest though. I'm using a much higher bound and rebound than ice. All my settings are 5+. Wonder if that's making things harder.

Well I wish I could get on my game tonight. I am stuck in a hotel room and I can't get the Coax cable off, no tools! :ouch:

EDIT: I wasn't about to spend the next two days without TT. Luckily there was a CVS that sold some cheap pliers... The things I need for sanity!

1'13.715

What controller mode is everyone using? Standard / Semi-Pro / Pro ??

jake73
Well I wish I could get on my game tonight. I am stuck in a hotel room and I can't get the Coax cable off, no tools! :ouch:

EDIT: I wasn't about to spend the next two days without TT. Luckily there was a CVS that sold some cheap pliers... The things I need for sanity!

1'13.715

i've had that feeling before...:crazy:

jake73

1'13.715

Damn! slightly faster than me. I'm using Pro. I really like this track but I just can't do a consistent time. I've done a 43.2xx T2 time and I'm always faster on T1 than my ghost but my T3 and final sections are slow.

I can't believe such a wide road can have such a narrow line!!!!

I thought I'd spend a solid hour or 2 this evening and get that second or so I'm looking for. Well, here it is 4 hours later, and I've gotten 1.3 seconds from my starting point, but I got it all in the first hour! Since then I've done segments that together would be almost another FULL SECOND, but I can't string them together on the same lap! Poopie! Must go to bed, I have a real job to get to tomorrow morning, and they expect me to be all professional and stuff.

T1 20.164 :grumpy:
T2 43.762 (sector time of 23.598)
T3 1:13.846 (sector time of 30.084)

I could never break 20 at the first split and keep the lap clean. I never came close to 19.5, even then. I had a 43.3 as my best T2, and 1:13.6 as my best T3, but this lap had my best final sector, I think, and even though my ghost lap at the time was ahead of me at T1 (barely) I beat the ghost by over 4-tenths!

Am I gonna be the Div I tail-ender again? Stay tuned. . . . .

Time submitted!
Second fastest time only, cos while checking the replay I found it was slightly dirty in the first corner. Had to do an emergency check out of the 2nd time hence........

Might have been 1 minute late, getting confused with the time zones as we brit's are on GMT+1 (BST)

If I was late, sorry Ben!

But at least it was only by a minute.

Neil

EDIT
How Bloody stupid am I? (answers on a post-card to: Stupid old bugger, sitting in a corner, Alternative dimension 21)

GMT+1 (BST) means I had till 6pm to submit, not 4pm!:dunce:

Neil

Latest Posts

Back