Wreckfest - General Discussion

• Thread starter AKps3
  • 1,602 comments
I waited years and years for this - then played it religiously for a few months after release - then ive hardly played on it since,apart from some half hour plays every few weeks - weird eh!

Yes they did.

One important thing to point out here is that this game is not being developed by Bugbear Entertainment, but instead by a relatively new studio called Pow Wow Entertainment, which only has one released game to their name so far.

There is still a chance Bugbear could be working on a separate unreleased title (especially as their careers page has a number of open positions).

I'm a little surprised they didn't make a tournament update video like they have for every previous update. Kind of makes me worry about the future of this game.

THQ Digital Showcase livestream is coming up in 19 hours. Nothing about Wreckfest in the preview, but maybe there will be news during the stream.

New tournament time. There’s nothing new, though. No new track, car, or even a bundle or paint in the Tournament Shop.
9E15BB29-EB2A-4D80-894E-5864E74A0E52.png

D22399E9-4469-4B49-939B-397EA1A5575B.png

I turned it on for the first time in a while today and hopped in a C-class lobby that I was pleasantly surprised to see was almost full. I had a lot of fun and was a bit sad I hadn't been playing it more... for about 3 laps, then I was reminded why I stopped as the framerate would suddenly drop sharply, and the collision detection or "netcode" or whatever you want to call it was still frustratingly inconsistent.

I will probably try it out again when/if I get a Series S/X and see if it performs better than on old gen stuff.

I will probably try it out again when/if I get a Series S/X and see if it performs better than on old gen stuff.
I have a Series S and I still have problems with the game binding up and then releasing. I don’t know how else to describe it. I’ve had a couple races where I’m leading, everything is going great, and then the game turns me hard left or right with no input from me. It’s frustrating.

Last edited:
I have a Series S and I still have problems with the game binding up and then releasing. I don’t know how else to describe it. I’ve had a couple races where I’m leading, everything is going great, and then the game turns me hard left or right with no input from me. It’s frustrating.

Question: Are you playing the Xbox One version or next gen update ? I tried the 'update' and it was terrible, it looked slightly better but didn't run at 60fps consistently at all, awful into corners with lots of cars etc. I went back to normal version and it had been perfect ever since. Xbox Series X.

Question: Are you playing the Xbox One version or next gen update ? I tried the 'update' and it was terrible, it looked slightly better but didn't run at 60fps consistently at all, awful into corners with lots of cars etc. I went back to normal version and it had been perfect ever since. Xbox Series X.
I’m pretty sure I’m on the next-gen update, since I had to load the entire game up from scratch, and I would assume it automatically downloaded the latest version.

I’m pretty sure I’m on the next-gen update, since I had to load the entire game up from scratch, and I would assume it automatically downloaded the latest version.

Ah, you can bin it off by managing the game settings, untick the update/add on, then save changes. You won't regret it I can assure you, (and can always go back if you want). Give it a try.

So I have seen a lot of comments about how bad the next-gen upgrade is for this game, but I have also read they later fixed it. Can anybody on Xbox confirm this please?

I don’t think they fixed it. I tried it again a while ago and the frame rate was still stuttery as hell so I just deleted it again and reverted to the old gen version. It properly sucks.

I'm considering buying this, how's the career progression in this one ?
Like ICEYOU3 said, it's pretty easy overall. Of course, if you want to challenge yourself more, you can adjust the difficulty, damage, and AI strength if you find it to be too easy. Playing on higher difficulties does multiply your rewards and will ultimately give you more in return, but Wreckfest won't force you to do this though. How easy or difficult the game is depends on what you want it to be. (by default it's fairly easy though)

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is the Starbeast in stock form one of the worst class-B vehicles in the game? Whenever I play the tournament, I can make just about any vehicle work for me with some adjustments in the tuning section before an event, including the Supervan of all things, but not the Starbeast. In races, that thing is just too heavy, slides around too much, and generally just feels so much slower than other class-A vehicles. The past few times I was forced to use it was easily the hardest tournament events I had ever completed. I haven't used it much with upgrades, but from what I can tell, it seems okay when upgraded, but compared to things like the Venom, Speedbird, and Rammer RS, it just falls a bit behind the curb for its class.

Is there some kind of silver lining to this thing I am not seeing here? People on Reddit seem to love it, but I loathe at the thought of being forced to use this car in tournament and anytime I have to, my enthusiasm drops harder than a Harvester off a cliff.

Edit: I should note I am speaking in the context of races, not demolition derbies. I ain't tried it in demolition derbies yet.

Last edited:
Like ICEYOU3 said, it's pretty easy overall. Of course, if you want to challenge yourself more, you can adjust the difficulty, damage, and AI strength if you find it to be too easy. Playing on higher difficulties does multiply your rewards and will ultimately give you more in return, but Wreckfest won't force you to do this though. How easy or difficult the game is depends on what you want it to be. (by default it's fairly easy though)
Easy plat too

Back